Wednesday 27 September 2017

Christmas Wreath!

Hello and thank you so much for visiting me, I really appreciate it!  A Christmas card today.



I began with the gorgeous leafy stencil from Clarity Stamp which isn't actually a Christmas stencil but with the Dreamweaver Glossy Green embossing paste sprinkled with glitter, its really sparkly in real life, I think it looks the part. I have not used the embossing paste before even though it is 8 or 9 years old - I was not sure it would still work!  It was perfect.  I have a red pot I haven't opened either so I must use that too.  It is the first time I have used the stencil too so two NBUS on this card!  I used a punch for the red circle then Spellbinders standard circles set of of dies (using my Big Shot) to cut out the Justright Festive Poinsettia stamp set sentiment which I stamped in Satin Red Versafine and embossed with clear powder.  The Christmas Bow is a Die'sire by Crafters Companion die (again cut using my Big Shot) and I gave it two coats of Spectrum Noir clear Sparkle Pen.  The green stones are from my stash - this is quite a large card, the green base card is 7 x 7 inches.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

ScrappyMo's Rudplph Day's Challenge - Anything Christmas.
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Christmas - Use Leaves.
Darnell's NBUS Challenge 12 - Use Something NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff.
Cuttlebug Mania - Use Manual Die Cutting Machine - Golden Harvest - I have lots of green leaves in my garden.
Bizzy Becs - Anything Goes.

I absolutely love challenges, they are such fun!  Thank you to everyone who runs and designs for them for all your hard work!

Thank you again for visiting me, I hope you are having a good week.  Take care, Christine xxx

15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Your sparkly reds and greens have given your stencilled wreath a definite Christmas feel. No doubt there!

The addition of the sentiment and bow finish off your wreath beautifully!

Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

Redanne said...

The green wreath is gorgeous and you have made it look so Christmas-y by adding the sentiment and that beautiful red bow. Such a lovely card Chris! Hugs, Anne xx

May said...

Gorgeous wreath Chris I adore the sparkle... the bow brings it all together... simply perfect... May x

Sue - said...

Gorgeous card Chris. I must get my embossing paste out again!

Darnell said...

That leaf stencil makes a PERFECT Christmas wreath, Chris! And doing it with glitter is fabulous and festive for the holiday!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #12!! Hugs, Darnell

R's Rue said...

Love.

Jannie said...

A very creative take to our challenge!!

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania at our "Golden Harvest "challenge!!

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Anita in France said...

Wonderfully shimmery and sparkly, Chris ... I can just imagine all the texture on that fabulous wreath! Hugs, Anita :)

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! NBUS #186. Dotty Jo x

Jester said...

It looks so sophisticated. Nobody would guess that you haven't used embossing paste before. :)

Karen said...

Great card, love all the glitter and sparkle and red and green. Thank you for joining us at Bizzy Becs for our Anything Goes Challenge.

Swissie said...

A wonderful Christmas card!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Hugs, Swissie (Liv)

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning wreath and Happy Belated Rudolph Days, so sorry for the late commenting, Luv Sam x

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning wreath and Happy Belated Rudolph Days, so sorry for the late commenting, Luv Sam x

Cindy said...

Great Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR.