Wednesday 26 July 2017

July 2017 Rudolph Days

Hello there!  Thank you so much for visiting me, I am so grateful!  Its time for the monthly Rudolph Days Challenge - I haven't joined in for a couple of months but have made it this time! Yay!



The super cute reindeer is from Holly Jolly stamp set by Echo Park that I won from the Rudolph Day's challenge last time I joined in, thank you so much Mo!  Its a gorgeous set filled with sweet images - I actually made seven cards using the reindeer, a Christmas tree and Santa and his sleigh but I came to add the photo's and they were all a little blurry except this one, sorry!  They are all pretty much the same though.  The image is stamped in onyx black Versafine - as its a silhouette stamp, I used my Misti so I could stamp it a couple of times to make sure the image was really solid black. The background is watercolour card previously inked with Distress Inks then sprayed with Glimmer Mist (the colours look nicer in real life) - I did two whole A4 sheets and used them for all my cards and still have some over for more. The pretty die cut circle is from The Works and I added dries white glue and glitter for sparkle along with a little gem for his eye.  The Merry Christmas is die cut from the same A4 watercolour inked card using Spellbinders Holiday die set, and the card base was sprayed lightly with Glimmer Mist too. There is a gorgeously cute Santa on the stamp set that I hope to use soon along with some other fab images - I was so lucky to have won the lovely set!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Day's Challenge - Anything goes as long as its Christmas.
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Anything goes as long as its Christmas.
Bizzy Becs - Anything Goes.

Brilliant Challenges!

We had a lovely day today - My daughter, son-in-law and our two little granddaughters came to visit!  Its always such fun to see them all.  I hope you had a lovely day too!

Thank you again for visiting me!  Take care.  Christine xxx


14 comments:

Anne said...

I'm catching up after my holidays Chris and enjoying looking at the makes I've missed over the last couple of weeks.
I LOVE this tiny image and think I might need to take a look at that set... gorgeous Christmas card.

Anne xx

dutchess said...

So cute Chris...love the colours....lovely card xxx

chrissie said...

A lovely card and I always admire anyone who starts early with Christmas cards--I never manage it.

Great that you had your family visit and it was so enjoyable

Love Chrissie xx

Anita in France said...

Such a cute little reindeer, Chris ... the black is fabulous against the delicate scalloped circle background! A fabulous design for multiples! Hugs, Anita :)

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
what a very lovely card and that image is so wonderful and beautifully stamped.
Love the gorgeous colour of your card.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

scrappymo! said...

So glad to see you were able to make a card with your prize. It is such a pretty card. The reindeer looks as if he is standing on a snowdrift and your background sky is so pretty.

Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge.

Darnell said...

I love your cute reindeer, Chris, and I love the use of the colored card base!! What a great design for batch making!

I'm so glad to hear you had a lovely visit with Frillie and their parents! Take it easy now as you recover! Love, Darnell

Redanne said...

Well done you for creating seven cards!! The little reindeer image is just adorable and I love the gentle snowdrift and beautiful sky you created for him too! A truly lovely card Chris! Big hugs, Anne xx

Joan said...

A lovely card,clever you making seven cards! The little reindeer is so sweet and I like the snowdrift too. Like you I inked up two A4 sheets but I've only managed two cards out if them so far.

Barb said...

What a pretty card this is Chris. He's the sweetest little reindeer. That sounds like a lovely set. Barbxx

Jester said...

Definitely the cutest reindeer! A fabulous Christmas card, Chris. I can't bear to think about Christmas yet, but you will be so well prepared. Jx

mands said...

gorgeous card, i love the little reindeer! thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs for our anything goes challenge

Sarn said...

Fab RD card Chris. Love it.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue - said...

Lovely CAS Christmas card!